April 1st, 2021
The Town of Charlestown is seeking a FT Town/Zoning Administrator with 5+ years of experience. Under the supervision of the President and Board of Town Commissioners, this position directs, coordinates and conducts the overall administration of the property and affairs of the Town. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient and impartial application and enforcement of all laws, ordinances, resolution, Charter and Codes of the Town of Charlestown. Position is highly visible and requires working with other agencies and pollical representatives. All candidates must have a high level of professionalism and excellent communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide Board of Town Commissioners regular reports regarding status of town projects, events, and upcoming State and County legislation impacting town, as requested.
- Establish a professional environment and maintain effective working relationships with employees, Town officials, the business community, the general public, County, and State officials.
- Communicate and write effectively
- Assures compliance with zoning laws, ordinances and regulations
- Assists the public with zoning issues
- Administration & oversight of contracts
- Develops written policies, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other related matters on behalf of the President and Commissioners.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates programs and activities of all operations of the Town (e.g. special events, workshops, meetings, etc.);
- Provides information to the public, as well as the staff, concerning policies and programs of the Town, Mayor, and Council
- Plan, organize, delegate, supervise and inspect the work of professional, technical, and support personnel;
- Grant/proposal writing and administration
- Prepares annual reports; Performs all other duties, as assigned.
Call Town Hall at 410-287-6173, email cover letter and resume to Debbie Myers at email@example.com by April 19 @ 12noon.